- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 peeled and cored pears
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Vanilla ice cream, for garnish, optional
- Cinnamon-sugar, for garnish, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish, optional
- Maple syrup, for garnish, optional
- Mint leaves, for garnish, optional
Whisk together milk, egg, sugar, cinnamon and sour cream. Add flour. Set aside.
Slice the cored pears into rings. Heat the oil in skillet. Dip rings into batter and place in hot oil. Fry until golden brown.