- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup panko
- Two 7.7-ounce brie rounds, well chilled
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Raspberry Sauce, recipe follows
In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches and heat to 350 degrees F.
In a shallow bowl, add the eggs. In a shallow plate, combine the pecans and panko. Slice 1 cheese round into 8 equal wedges. Dip each wedge into the egg, turning to coat. Dip each wedge into the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
Fry the wedges, a few at a time, in the hot oil, turning quickly to cook until golden on all sides, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Raspberry Sauce.
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Splash rice wine vinegar
- Pinch red pepper flakes