For the ham butter:
- 1 cup chopped or ground cooked country ham
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
For the eggs:
- 8 large eggs
- 2 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 biscuits, warmed
Make the ham butter: In a food processor, grind the ham into small pieces. Add the butter and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the eggs: In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, 1 tablespoon water, and salt and pepper to taste until fluffy. Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost set; stir in the cheese and cook, stirring, until you reach the desired consistency.
Split the biscuits in half and fill each with about 1 tablespoon of the ham butter. Serve with the scrambled eggs.
Photograph by Lisa Shin