- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dora's Jerk Seasoning, recipe follows
- Caribbean Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Special equipment: 2 dozen (10-inch) wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes, then drained well.
Cut tenderloin in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into 4-inch thin strips. Place pork in a heavy duty re-sealable plastic bag.
Turn on broiler.
Thread pork onto skewers in an "s" shape. Place skewers in a single layer on a prepared pan. Broil 5 inches from heat for 8 minutes, turning once. Serve warm with Caribbean Dipping Sauce.
Dora's Jerk Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 1/2 cup
Caribbean Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 (18-ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pepper and ginger, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in marmalade, lime juice, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
*Cook's Note: Jalapeno peppers are extremely hot. We recommend wearing disposable gloves when handling them.
Yield: 2 cups