- Butter or mayonnaise, for greasing mold
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water and 1/2 cup boiling water, for gelatin
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked and small diced poached salmon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Lemon slices
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and dried
- Special equipment: fish mold
Grease a 6-cup fish mold with butter or mayonnaise.
Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir well, until the gelatin has dissolved. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lime juice, onion, hot sauce, paprika, and salt and mix well. Fold in the salmon and capers. Add the whipped cream and continue folding until everything is well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
Serve the dill sauce in a glass bowl next to the salmon mousse.