Poppy Seed Chicken
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 7 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Hot cooked rice, optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. To the skillet, add the sour cream, chicken soup, almonds, poppy seeds, and chicken. Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and crackers; sprinkle over the chicken mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes longer. Serve over rice, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.