- 1 (8-ounce) package light or fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (or egg substitute equivalent)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, parsley, chives, and garlic powder. Set aside. On a floured surface, unroll the crescent rolls into rectangles and combine to make 1 long rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture on and roll up like a pinwheel, starting at the long side. Seal edges. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place roll on the cookie sheet, brush with egg, and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Score at 1/2-inch intervals along the roll (not all the way through). Pull apart slightly so that your scoring will not completely seal back up during baking. Bake until golden brown.