- 16-rib crown roast of pork
- House Seasoning, to taste, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried prunes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- Canned apricot halves, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle roast on all sides with House Seasoning; place, bone ends up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Saute onion in butter until tender but not browned. Add rice, House Seasoning, to taste, and poultry seasoning and water to onion; stir to moisten rice. Bring rice mixture to a boil, then remove from heat. Cover tightly and let stand 10 minutes. Stir dried prunes and dried apricots into the rice mixture. Fill center of roast with rice mixture. Place a folded strip of aluminum foil over exposed ends of ribs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes per pound to until thermometer registers 170 degrees. Garnish with apricot halves, if desired.
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.