- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced thin
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread mashed potatoes evenly on bottom of casserole dish. Layer sour cream evenly over top. Sprinkle House Seasoning, to taste. Saute onion and bell pepper in butter; evenly layer over top of sour cream. Slice potatoes and layer over onions and bell peppers. Add butter. Sprinkle House seasoning. Finally top with cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and crumble bacon over top.
Cook's Note: Leftover mashed potatoes work wonderfully in this recipe.House Seasoning:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.