Pumpkin Rum Pie
- 1 (9-inch) premade pie shell
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup Praline Pecans, recipe follows
- Praline Pecans:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Partially bake the pie shell, according to the package directions.
In the large bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 1/2 cups of the heavy cream, sour cream, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, salt, dark rum, and vanilla. Pour into the shell. Bake for 10 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready to serve.
With the whisk attachment of an electric mixer, whip the remaining cup of heavy cream on high speed until the cream starts to froth. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and whip on high until the cream stands in peaks. Either spoon or pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the pie and garnish with Praline Pecans.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.Praline Pecans:
In a small skillet melt the butter and sugar over medium heat. Add the pecans, stirring until bubbly; about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour onto aluminum foil. When the pecans are cool, crumble into small pieces and sprinkle the topping on top of the whipped cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.