Red Hot Sticky Wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings, cut at joints and wing tips removed
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tangy, red barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice, reduced by 1/2
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Celery sticks and red bell pepper slices, for serving
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay the chicken wings out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with House Seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes.
Saute the garlic in vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until softened and fragrant. Stir in barbecue sauce, reduced pomegranate juice, hot sauce and honey. Bring to a boil then lower and simmer for 15 minutes until thick. If using crushed red pepper flakes, add and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in butter until melted and smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
Fry the baked wings for 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet pan to drain.
Toss the fried wings in the red sauce to coat. Transfer to a platter and serve with celery sticks and red bell pepper slices.House Seasoning:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.