Sausage, White Bean, and Swiss Chard Soup
- 1 (1.22-pound) package lean hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Mini cornbread muffins, optional
In a large Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned and crumbly, about 6 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Stir in the broth, Swiss chard, and beans. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until Swiss chard is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately with mini cornbread muffins, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.