- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Fresh berries and mint leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, brown sugar, pecans and butter in a bowl. Mix until a dough forms. Press into an ungreased 9-by-13-inch baking dish and bake until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
In a bowl, using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and extract; beat well. Pour over the crust and bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into squares and decorate with berries and mint leaves.
Photograph by Miki Duisterhof