Seared Scallops with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced canned pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Season them with salt and pepper, to taste.
Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the scallops, without moving them in the pan until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange on serving plates and serve with a generous topping of salsa.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan-Seared Scallops with a Fried Red Beet Nest, English Pea Puree, and Curry Oil, Seared Scallops with Pancetta over Avocado and Wasabi, Seared Scallops with a Portobello Mushroom and Truffle Emuslion, Shaved Truffles and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Turkey Breast Recipes, Scallop, Searing, Appetizer Recipes , Easy Grilling, Easy Lunch
Thank you! your flag was submitted.