Seared Scallops with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced canned pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Season them with salt and pepper, to taste.
Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the scallops, without moving them in the pan until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange on serving plates and serve with a generous topping of salsa.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Seared Scallops with Pancetta over Avocado and Wasabi, Seared Scallops over Micro Greens with Orange Tarragon Vinaigrette with Butter Poached Lobster, Seared Scallops with Pureed White Beans and Homemade Truffle Oil, Easy Casserole, Cinco de Mayo, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Mexican Rice Recipes, Easy Lunch, Easy
Thank you! your flag was submitted.