- 3 pounds short ribs
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, plus 2 more cloves chopped
- Beef Broth, plus more for roasting
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- White rice, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Season ribs liberally, or to taste, with House Seasoning. Lightly dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
In a Dutch oven, place a small amount of oil. Add the 2 garlic cloves and cook until lightly browned. Add the ribs and brown on each side. Add half water and half beef broth to cover ribs. Bring to a boil. Remove the ribs from the Dutch oven and place in a casserole dish. Add the remaining garlic, salt and pepper, onions, and about 1 cup broth to the ribs. Roast ribs for 2 hours. Serve over buttered white rice.
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.