Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash red pepper
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 (13 3/4- ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese (combined)
- Paprika, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour to make a roux. Add half-and-half all at once, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Add Parmesan, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Temper egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of hot mixture and add back to the cheese sauce. Set aside. Mix artichoke hearts, shrimp, and mushrooms together. Put in baking dish and pour sauce over top. Sprinkle top with grated cheese and paprika. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.