- 8 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 (16-ounce) packages frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stack 4 strips, brushing with melted butter between strips. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture onto one end of the prepared strips. Fold one corner of the short edge over the mixture, leaving a 1-inch border. Continue folding side to side to the end of the strip, forming a triangle. Repeat the procedure with remaining the phyllo, butter and shrimp mixture. Brush with the egg.
Place the triangles, seam-side down, on baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
To make ahead: Place the prepared triangles on baking sheets in a single layer and freeze. Remove from the baking sheets and place in heavy-duty resealable plastic bags. Freeze for up to 1 month. To bake from frozen, place on baking sheets and let stand for 30 minutes. Bake as directed.