- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Rice, pasta, or crusty bread, for serving
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper, to taste, and bring to a simmer. Let the liquid reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the basil. Season with salt and serve over pasta, rice, or with crusty bread. Sprinkle with the cheese.