Skillet Chicken with Rhubarb and Onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus leave for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
Combine the flour, Creole seasoning and salt in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Add the rhubarb and onions to the skillet, and saute until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the wine, parsley, thyme and garlic, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Return the chicken to the skillet, and cook until heated through, for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.