Smashed Potato, Parsnips and Rutabaga
- f8 cups quartered red potatoes
- 4 cups chopped and peeled parsnip
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large Dutch oven, combine potatoes, parsnips, rutabaga, onion, and 2 tablespoons salt; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Add remaining salt, cream cheese, butter, and a dash of pepper. Mash together.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.