- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Edible Paint Icing, recipe follows
- Garnish: silver dragees, sugar pearls, sparkling sugar
- Edible Paint Icing:
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Food coloring, optional
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extract until combined.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until smooth. Wrap dough in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with assorted snowflake cookie cutters and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Chill dough 15 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.Edible Paint Icing:
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.