Sour Cream Pork Chops with Vidalia Onions
- Four 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick boneless pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced Vidalia onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- One 8-ounce container sour cream
- Hot cooked rice, for serving, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Place the onions evenly over the pork chops.
In a small bowl, combine the stock, parsley, mustard and paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the broth mixture over the pork chops. Return the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sour cream until blended and cook until heated through, 4 to 5 minutes; do not boil. Serve over hot cooked rice if using. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.