Sour Cream Pork Chops with Vidalia Onions
- Four 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick boneless pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced Vidalia onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- One 8-ounce container sour cream
- Hot cooked rice, for serving, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Place the onions evenly over the pork chops.
In a small bowl, combine the stock, parsley, mustard and paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the broth mixture over the pork chops. Return the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the sour cream until blended and cook until heated through, 4 to 5 minutes; do not boil. Serve over hot cooked rice if using. Garnish with parsley if desired.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Sunday Supper Stuffed Pork Chops, Cream Cheese Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, Thick Pork Chops with Spiced Apples and Raisins, Grilled Korean-Style BBQ Glazed Pork Chops with Red Onions and Baby Bok Choy, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Turkey Breast Recipes, Beef Tenderloin Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.