Spice-Rubbed Shell Steaks
- Butter, for grilling
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) bone-in shell steaks, about 1 1/2-inches thick
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Red Pepper, Onion and Fennel Saute:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
DirectionsFor the steaks:
In a small bowl, stir together the mustard powder, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper; set aside. Rub each of the steaks with the cut sides of the garlic halves, pressing the garlic hard into the bone to get the garlic juices flowing. Pat both sides of the steak with the spice mixture.
Preheat cast-iron griddle with butter over medium heat.
Grill the steaks for 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving,
For the saute:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.