Spicy Salmon Cakes with Mango Tartar Sauce
- Tartar Sauce:
- 1 cup peeled, diced mango (1 large)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salmon Cakes:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can boneless pink salmon, drained
- 1 cup panko or dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
To make tartar sauce, whisk together the mango, mayonnaise, capers, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Put the salmon in a medium bowl and break it up with a fork. Add the panko, eggs, parsley, onion, cayenne and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste, and mix well. Form the mixture into 12 cakes and coat them with the cornmeal
Carefully put the cakes in the oil, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until golden brown; about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Arrange them on a serving platter and serve immediately with tartar sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.