Spicy Shrimp and Pasta Casserole
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 9 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 16 ounces mild salsa, thick and chunky
- 2 pounds shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 12 by 8-inch pan or glass dish with butter. Combine the eggs, half-and-half, yogurt, Swiss and feta cheeses, parsley, basil, and oregano in a large bowl, mixing until thoroughly blended. Spread 1/2 of the cooked pasta evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover the pasta with the salsa. Add 1/2 of the shrimp and then cover it with Monterey Jack. Add the remaining pasta and shrimp. Spread the egg mixture over top of the casserole. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.