Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- Bacon Dressing:
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spinach Salad:
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (about 2 1/2 cups), thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
In a skillet add the bacon and cook over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Roughly chop and set aside.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet. Heat the remaining fat over medium-high heat, add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the vinegar, desired amount of mustard, and salt and pepper, to taste. Scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet, bring to a simmer, then remove the skillet from the heat.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Super Food Spinach Salad with Pomegranate-Glazed Walnuts, Baby Spinach Salad with Mandarin Orange and Red Onions, Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Easy Dinner, Mushroom Risotto Recipes, Spinach Casserole Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.