- e3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 1 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/3 cup minced Vidalia onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 jar store-bought marinara sauce
Grate zucchini and squash with a fine grater. Press between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini and squash and next 7 ingredients. Shape mixture into 2-inch patties, pressing together firmly.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook squash and zucchini cakes 3 to 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
Place onto serving platter and serve with marinara sauce.