Sweet Baby Jack Carrot Cake
- Butter, for greasing pans
- Flour, for dusting pans
- For the cake:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (4-ounce) jars strained carrot baby food
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 (8 or 9-inch) cake pans.
For the cake:
Mix together the flour, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well with a handheld electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto lint-free dishcloth, or waxed paper, and allow to cool completely.
For the frosting:
Mix all ingredients with handheld electric mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.
Frost layers, top, and sides of cooled cake.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.