Taco Chili with Mix
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package buttermilk salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups corn or tortilla chips
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11 3/4-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
DirectionsTaco Chili Mix: Taco Chili:
1 packet Taco Chili Mix
For the mix: In a 1-quart wide mouth jar, layer kidney and pinto beans.
Put chips in a bag and place in jar. Decorate with ribbon or fabric.
For the chili: Place beans in a large bowl, cover with water and soak 6 to 8 hours, or overnight. Drain and add to a Dutch oven. Add seasoning packet, water, diced tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce, and ground beef.
Heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Serve with corn or tortilla chips.