- 1 (5-pound) pork butt roast
- 4 tablespoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke, found in grocery store
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 bay leaves
- Barbeque sauce of choice, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle 1 side of the roast with 2 tablespoons of the House Seasoning, making sure to rub well. Flip the roast over and rub the remaining 2 tablespoons of House Seasoning. Repeat the process with the seasoned salt and liquid smoke. Place the roast in a large roasting pan. Add the onion, water and bay leaves to the roast. Place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 170 degrees F. Let meat cool for a few minutes and then slice.
Serve with your favorite barbeque sauce.
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.