- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 3 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup almond brickle chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and almond brickle chips. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls about 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.