Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17 1/2-ounce package), thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 to 9 leaves fresh basil leaves
- 3 ounces (about 8 or 9 slices) fresh mozzarella, very thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, unfold the pastry. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 8 or 9 rounds; place rounds on the prepared baking sheet. Prick the pastry rounds all over with a fork. Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan. Bake rounds for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
Top each tart with a slice of tomato, basil leaf and mozzarella slice. Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.