Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17 1/2-ounce package), thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 to 9 leaves fresh basil leaves
- 3 ounces (about 8 or 9 slices) fresh mozzarella, very thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, unfold the pastry. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 8 or 9 rounds; place rounds on the prepared baking sheet. Prick the pastry rounds all over with a fork. Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan. Bake rounds for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
Top each tart with a slice of tomato, basil leaf and mozzarella slice. Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.