- 3/4 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely diced onions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon The Lady's House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 package mini phyllo shells
- 1/2 cup packed shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons real bacon pieces, or more as needed (recommended: Hormel Real Bacon pieces)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the diced tomatoes in a colander. Sprinkle with the onions, basil, and House Seasoning, and toss to coat. Allow to drain, stirring occasionally. Fill each phyllo shell with a scant tablespoon of the tomato mixture. Stir together the mozzarella and mayonnaise. Frost the top of each shell with a scant tablespoon of the mozzarella mixture. Sprinkle each shell with 1/4 teaspoon of bacon pieces. Bake the filled shells for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot. These may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until serving time.House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Panzanella Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes, Tomato Caesar Salad With Bacon-Parmesan Crisps, Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Chicken Apple Salad, Asian Appetizer Recipes, Appetizer Recipes , Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes