Tomatoes with Blue Cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, arrange lettuce. Distribute tomato slices, crumbled blue cheese and chopped basil attractively over lettuce. Season with pepper.
Make the dressing: In a glass jar with a tight lid, combine lemon juice, oil, sugar, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Shake well and drizzle dressing over the salad just before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.