- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, arrange lettuce. Distribute tomato slices, crumbled blue cheese and chopped basil attractively over lettuce. Season with pepper.
Make the dressing: In a glass jar with a tight lid, combine lemon juice, oil, sugar, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Shake well and drizzle dressing over the salad just before serving.