- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup spicy tomato juice
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon red dye
- 1 (15-ounces) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fried tortilla bowls, recipe follows
- Special equipment: round wire fry baskets
Finely chop the green bell pepper and Vidalia onion in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients, puree until almost smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Transfer to a fried tortilla bowl to serve.
- 3 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Peanut oil, for frying
Preheat deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
Place tortilla in 1 of the baskets. Place another basket on top to hold it in place. Place in the deep-fryer and fry for roughly 1 minute or until golden and crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray to drain and cool. Fill with the vampire dip when completely cooled.