- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 Belgian endives, cored and separated into leaves
- 1 bunch watercress or spinach, washed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese, small log
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Using a glass jar with a tight lid, combine the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper, and shake well to blend. Add the oil and parsley and shake.
On 4 plates, arrange the endive leaves like spokes around each plate. Arrange the watercress or spinach in the center. Preheat the broiler, and arrange the sliced apples slightly overlapping in 4 fan shapes, place in broiler pan. Cut the cheese into 4 slices and top each apple fan with slices of cheese. Broil until golden for approximately 5 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully place the apple slices and cheese on top of the endive. Drizzle the dressing over the salads and sprinkle with walnuts.