- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 8 asparagus spears, steamed until crisp-tender
- Savory Crepes, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center 1/3 of each crepe. Place 2 asparagus spears over chicken mixture. Fold edges of crepe over filling, and place, seam side up, in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Swiss cheese over crepes. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crepes are hot.
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg, egg yolk, and butter. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture, whisking until smooth.
Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter into skillet; cook for 30 to 45 seconds. Loosen crepe with a spatula, and carefully turn over. Cook for 30 to 45 seconds; transfer to plate. Repeat procedure with remaining batter, stacking crepes on a plate.
Yield: 4 servings