- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 pounds baby back ribs, cut into 2-rib portions
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ribs. Rub spice mixture all over the ribs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate ribs for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Arrange the ribs on the barbeque and grill for 40 to 45 minutes, turning with tongs occasionally until meat is tender and crisp on the outside.