- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups small cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 oven-ready, "no cook," lasagna noodles
- 12 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
Combine zucchini, squash, carrot, mushrooms, onion and peppers with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well, and reserve.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs. Stir together.
Spread 1/3 of the sauce evenly over bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Place 4 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/2 of cream cheese mixture over noodles. Cover cheese mixture with 1/2 the vegetable mixture, more sauce, and top evenly with 6 slices provolone cheese and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with 4 noodles, rest of the cream cheese mixture, vegetables, sauce, and remaining cheeses. Place in oven for 35 minutes or until lasagna is hot and bubbling
Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.