- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 (8-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
In a small mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt and baking powder, stirring with a metal spoon. Add the cheese, corn, sour cream, and chiles. Stir until lightly combined. Add the oil and eggs and stir until everything is just combined; do not over mix. The batter will be very stiff.
Place about 1/2 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.