- 1 pound mixed ground beef and sausage, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar, sour cream, chopped green onions, for garnish
In a skillet brown ground beef and sausage, drain and set aside.
Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, and celery and saute briefly. Stir in the diced and whole tomatoes. Add cumin and chili powder, to taste, and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the beans, browned meat, and chili seasoning. Partially cover, and let simmer for 4 hours.
Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions.