- Vanilla Ice Cream
- It's Not Your Mamma's Banana Pudding, recipe follows
Additional Add ins:
- Graham Crackers or Chessman cookies
- Cream cheese
Add vanilla ice cream to It's Not Your Mamma's Banana Pudding. Additionally mix in bananas, graham crackers, marshmallows and cream cheese to your desire.
It's Not Your Mamma's Banana Pudding
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
- 2 bags cookies (recommended: Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies)
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.