- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons amaretto or orange liqueur
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped, optional
- 24 amaretti cookies, crushed
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and amaretto. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
In a large bowl, whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). In a medium bowl, stir half of the whipped cream into the ricotta to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream and cinnamon. Fold the pistachios into cream mixture.
Place a layer of crushed amaretti cookies in each of 4 parfait glasses. Top each with a layer of strawberry slices and then cannoli cream. Repeat layering. If desired, top with miniature chocolate chips.