Paul's Crafty Mac N Cheese with Pancetta
- 1 1/2 pounds ziti pasta
- 1/2 pound pancetta, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Asiago (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Provolone (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook ziti until al dente. Strain and rinse in cool water. In a saute pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta until it is crispy and the fat has rendered. In the same pan, add all of the cheeses and the cream and whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slowly add the cooked ziti to the cheese mixture, stirring gently. Transfer the ziti and cheese mixture to a large baking dish or cast iron skillet. Top off with more cheese and bake for 24 to 30 minutes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.