PB 'n Chocolate Bread Pudding Bonanza
- 4 slices light bread, lightly toasted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, plus more, for serving, optional
- 1 1/3 cups light vanilla soymilk
- 1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- Dash salt
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- Chopped peanuts, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the toasted bread cubes into a standard loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top.
In a blender, combine soymilk, egg substitute, peanut butter, brown sugar, and salt. Process on medium speed until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes, making sure all the bread cubes are covered. Let stand 5 minutes.
Cook's Note: This is best when served warm.
PER SERVING (1/4th of bread pudding, about 1 heaping cup): 225 calories, 8.5g fat, 294mg sodium, 30g carbs, 4g fiber, 15.5g sugars, 10g protein
Thank you! your flag was submitted.