Pea and Coriander Soup
- 1 1/2 pints (900 milliliters/3 3/4cups) homemade chicken stock
- 2 ounces (50 grams/1/2 stick) butter
- 5 ounces finely chopped (150 grams/1 cup) onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound (450 grams/4 cups) peas (good quality frozen are fine)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus whole leaves for garnish
- Sugar, for seasoning
- Softly whipped cream, for garnish
This utterly delicious soup has a perky zing with the addition of fresh chilli.
Bring the chicken stock to a boil. Melt the butter on a gentle heat and add the onions, garlic, and chilli. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and sweat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the peas and cover with the hot stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the coriander and puree the liquid in a blender. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of sugar, which enhances the flavour even further. Serve with a swirl of softly whipped cream and a few fresh coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.