- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted chilled butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or hands until it resembles coarse meal. Add 1/2 cup sugar and cream. Knead approximately 3 minutes and let rest.
Toss fruit with cornstarch, 1/4 cup sugar, and spices. Place fruit mixture in a 9 by 13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Cover with gobs of the cobbler dough. Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of Tanya Holland